Thursday, July 17, 2008

A word in passing...

Right. Just made it back home again yesterday after my trip to Scotland. Great fun, met loads of people (Hi y'all!), enjoyed the scenery, took loads of photos and brought half of Scotland back with me (at least that's what 45 kg of luggage feels like when strapped to your back and hanging around your neck...).

Will just be staying for a couple of days before I head back out again. Going to visit family and friends down south before getting back up here again to unwind before getting back to work someday in early August.

Came back from Scotland with loads of new books. Seven of them will become part of my neverending attempt to learn Japanese through not studying...optimism is so underrated. Four books on Scottish history, one book on Gaelic, three books on music, four books on behaviour management in schools, two books on Norwegian WWII history, three on music and one on astronomy. Plenty to keep me occupied in the coming months. Brilliant.

And as no visit to Scotland is complete without coming back with some whisky, a bottle of Ardbeg Renaissance and a bottle of Talisker 57 North are now residing on the top shelf in one of my cupboards. Yum!

Some day in a future not too far ahead, I'll post pics from Scotland and write some more stuff about my trip. Till then!

No comments: